Walker Avenue ApartmentsOur residents make Walker Avenue Apartments a home away from home. We hope you enjoy your stay with us and we hope you are successful in your academic endeavors. Please, let our staff know if there is anything you need or would like to see in the future at Walker Avenue Apartments. We take your feedback seriously and enjoy receiving fresh ideas.
License Fee Payment Options
CREDIT/ELECTRONIC CHECKS: Please visit the Resident Portal
HARD COPY CHECKS/MONEY ORDERS: Checks or money orders made payable to Walker Avenue Apartments can be delivered or mailed to the Walker Management Office during normal business hours (Monday – Friday 9am-7pm).
909 Walker Avenue Catonsville, MD 21228
HOURS OF OPERATION FOR THE MANAGEMENT OFFICE
(909 Walker Avenue)
Business Hours: Monday through Friday 9 am to 7 pm
The Walker Management Office is currently closed on the weekends.
ParkingHOW TO OBTAIN A PARKING PERMIT: 1. Go to my.umbc.edu/go/parking, a log on is required. 2. Click on the link that says “Manage Parking Account” to register your vehicle.
- To deactivate a vehicle, submit a written request to email@example.com. Provide the vehicle information and reason for deactivation.
- To obtain a student permit: Log onto my.umbc.edu/go/parking; Manage Parking Account; Purchase Permit. Follow the prompts to order your permit.
- Permits will not be automatically renewed each year. In mid-August, students can go online to verify and/or update their vehicle information and request permits for the upcoming academic year.
Community LivingThe Walker Avenue Apartments Leasing Office has great confidence in the leadership and student development direction embraced within the entire Division of Student Affairs and we are proud partners with UMBC’s Residential Life program. We value our community staff (CD and RAs) for the work they do, and also Residential Life’s main office staff in Erickson Hall who support our operations through occupancy eligibility, marketing, after-hours assistance, overall guidance, and leadership. In return, we embrace Residential Life philosophies and encourage all Walker residents to be mindful of the Community Living Principles of UMBC Residential Life and how they may be brought to fruition within Walker Avenue Apartments.
- Never prop open doors and secure doors that you find propped open
- Evacuate quickly if you hear a fire alarm.
- Allow only your current roommates to use the laundry equipment in your apartment.
- Never give out your ID card.
- Understand the difference between having a guest over and allowing someone to co-habitate in your apartment. Do not allow someone who is not a roommate to co-habitate in your apartment.
- Do not leave your guest(s) unattended in your apartment.
- Pay your license fees on time.
- Pay attention to and heed all deadlines.
- Complete your room condition report.
- If you break something, report it and take responsibility for it.
- If you find something broken, report it.
- Ask for rationale if you have questions about Management Office practices and procedures.
- Identify roommates who will assist you in your personal and academic growth.
- Utilize your resident portal for account management and for work orders.
- Help make Walker Avenue Apartments a great UMBC experiences by:
- Properly disposing of trash in the large dumpsters behind Buildings 1 and 3.
- Caring for your appliances and furnishings.
- Keeping your apartment clean.
- Promptly submitting work orders.
- Retrieve your packages quickly.
- Giving constructive and positive feedback to the Management Office.
- Reporting those who damage the property or endanger others.
- Picking up trash from the ground.
- Following all checkout procedures and ensuring your apartment is clean upon your departure.
- Encouraging others to live in Walker.
- Conserving electricity and water.
- Participating annually in the Resident Satisfaction Survey.
- Check for emails from the Management Office and Residential Life regularly.
- Carry your student ID.