At Walker Avenue, we try to ensure a convenient licensing and living experience for you. Individual licenses are offered, so there’s no pressure to fill an entire apartment in order to live at Walker Avenue Apartments. Included in the license fees are all utilities, such as wi-fi internet, IP TV, hot water, electric, central heating and air conditioning. We offer amenities including a full size washer and dryer, a kitchen complete with full sized appliances including a self-cleaning oven, refrigerator with ice maker, dish washer and garbage disposal in each and every apartment. All apartments come with a coffee table, dining and end tables in the common area and full size XL beds and frames, study tables, dressers and large closets in all bedrooms.
Wireless and wired high speed internet is available to each resident; and there’s IPTV service in all apartments. You also can’t forget about the sand volleyball court and barbeque grills just steps away in the courtyard.
Students receiving financial aid, scholarships and/or graduate assistantships aid may indicate such as their method of payment. Here’s how it works: The resident fills out a Financial Aid/Scholarship Payment Plan Addendum where they can have their aid to transferred directly to WAA. UMBC then disperses funds from the student’s refund, up to the amount due for the semester. If the refund isn’t sufficient to cover the amount due for the semester, the resident may set up a personal payment plan for the remaining balance.
Many current residents are pleased, and you can be too! Is there any reason not to become a Walker Avenue Resident? Walker Avenue Apartments, home away from home; not away from campus!
- State-of-the-art accommodations for upperclass students (39+ credits) and graduate students on campus
- Clubhouse with HD TV
- Sand Volleyball Court and BBQ Grills
- Wide Range of Apartment Styles: Efficiency, 2 BR, 3 BR, and 4 BR apartments
- All Apartments are fully furnished and come equipped with:
- washer and dryer
- full-size refrigerator with icemaker
- garbage disposal
When planning what to bring to your apartment, please consider the following:
- -Microwaves are not included, residents are allowed to provide their own.
- -Residents need to provide their own shower curtain.
- –All bedrooms have full sized XL mattresses.
- -Window sizes vary within the apartment, and between different locations around the building. We recommend taking measurements of the specific windows before purchasing any window coverings or tension rods. Walker Management provides horizontal blinds.
- *Please keep accessibility needs in mind when requesting your assignment within the community, since there are no elevators for access to upper floors. Walker Avenue Apartments is committed to providing accessible housing options to persons with disabilities. Any accessibility accommodation requests should be submitted in writing to the Walker management office e-mail account at email@example.com, or simply note your request within the online application, and a member of the management team will be happy to assist you.
- License fee includes: All utilities, including water, natural gas, electricity, wired/wireless high speed internet, and IPTV service.
- Details on the IPTV set-up at UMBC can be found here.